Monday, October 26, 2015

COUNCILMAN FRITZ SCHERZ TO HOST 5th ANNUAL THANK YOU DINNER FOR VETERANS!


Fred “Fritz” Scherz, Jr., Councilman on the Verona Town Board, will hold his 5th Annual Thank You Dinner for all Town of Verona Veterans and their families on Wednesday, November 11th from 5pm to 6pm at the Verona Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6811 (4928 Spring Rd.) in Verona. 

“I have much appreciation for Veterans and thought this would be a special way to thank them again,” said Scherz.  “The last four years I’ve held this event, there was a nice turnout. It was great to see Veterans of various ages attend, share their stories with each other, and even make some new friends.  Also, I want people to know that as with last four years I’ve held this dinner, no town funds are being used for it whatsoever as this is not a government-based event.  Rather, I am personally covering the cost because this is just something I thought would be nice to do again. In fact, my family looks forward to this annual event. So, if you’re a Veteran from the Town of Verona, I sure hope to see you and your family at my Thank You Dinner!” 

While reservations are not required, Veterans who plan on attending are asked to contact Fritz at
fritz@fritzscherz.com and/or (315) 363-3509 by November 9th so he can better plan on how much food to have. For more information on Fritz, go to:  www.fritzscherz.com, Fritz’s Twitter feed at: www.twitter.com/fritzscherz, and/or his blog at: www.fritzscherz.blogspot.com. 
#  #  #

No comments:

Post a Comment